Why are my contacts not showing in WhatsApp? How to Fix????
If your contact does not appear in the Select contact list, please try the following steps:
1. Make sure that you have your friend’s phone number in your address book.
2. Make sure that your friend is using WhatsApp Messenger.
3. Make sure that you have the latest version of WhatsApp. If not, you can download the latest version of WhatsApp.
4. In your Android phone book, make sure that all contact accounts (i.e. SIM, Google, Phone) & contact groups (i.e. Friends, Family) are “visible” or “viewable”.
5. It is recommended that you make your contacts “not visible” & then “visible” to force a refresh. After doing this launch WhatsApp -> Menu Button -> Refresh.
Alternatively, you can use all your contacts, not just the “visible” ones. To do this go to Menu Button > Settings > Contacts > Show all contacts.
Also Check The Contact Permissions for Whatsapp Messanger (Apps>Whatsapp> Permissions (Android 5.0 and above)